Earlier, the meaning of influencer marketing was just watching an advertisement of any celebrity on television or reading a few blogs written by dedicated bloggers. However, social media influencers have risen in such a way that they have changed the definition of influencer marketing.
What Is Influencer Marketing
If we talk about influencer marketing, this is basically a type of social media marketing where people who have dedicated followers, act as an influencer or we can say experts and advertise any brand or product and spread awareness among their followers.
Basic idea of using this platform is the kind of trust people have in their influencers. This makes it easy to gain their trust and spread awareness in order to increase sales. But this process is not safe all the time and sometimes people take advantage of the followers by doing frauds.
Impact of Influencer Marketing on Business
People are running their brands on social media like Instagram and are influencing people. They have their own loyal fan base. They themself know what people will believe and what not. Some have opted for social media influencer marketing as a full time carrier.
The basic key of influencer marketing is who you are choosing as an influencer to advertise your brand. Because a successful influencer is one who has gained people’s trust. i.e. by making sure their availability over the chat for their followers queries and by this they actually know the actual mindset of their audience.
Benefits of Influencer Marketing
If we talk about perks of influencer marketing then there are many and some important benefits are mentioned below:
- The basic idea of using influencer marketing is to increase brand awareness and maximum reach.
- Build credibility and trust of audience
- Long term partnership with the audience
- Maximum sales
- Cost effective and saves time
- Suitable for any business
Finding The Right Influencer
As per the survey, the global reach of influencer marketing grew by 67% and this is the result of the relationship that an influencer has with its audience. One can only get results by using influencer marketing if they have chosen the right influencer.
Now what are the measures of choosing an influencer?
There are five type of influencers:
- Nano influencers: 2K-10K followers
- Micro influencers: 10K-50K followers
- Mid tier influencers: 50K-200K followers
- Macro influencers: 200K-500K followers
- Mega influencers: 500K-1M followers
- Celebrities: 1M & Above
You should first make a plan of what is the actual reach you want to attain and accordingly choose the type of influencers. Also, number of followers is just a factor in the process of choosing a influencer you should consider some more important points in your mind like:
- Does this influencer’s brand align with mine in terms of values and personality?
- Does their way of representation match with your brand style in terms of photography?
- Are the brands they have worked before similar to my products?
- Is the influencer’s content high quality?
- Is their audience engaged?
- What type of responses are they getting from the audience in comments in their previous branding?
Most importantly, before looking for the right influencer you should understand your business first and why you actually need an influencer for your business because an influencer is the only person that is going to connect you and your brand with the audience.
Working with Influencers
The partnership between brand and influencers should be considered very carefully. Again, before choosing a influencer one should do a proper analysis that:
- Is the quality of content shown previously by the influencer good or not?
- Has the influencer worked for similar brands before? If yes, what was the response given by the audience?
- Does that influencer has a good amount of followers?
Following are the roles of an influencer for your business:
- They themself will create content for your business
- They recommend your brand to their followers
- They will communicate with their followers on your behalf and will try to make people trust in your brand.
Wrapping things up
At last… if we say that influencer marketing is popular nowadays then it would be wrong because actually if we see.. It is just at the growing stage and will become more and more popular in the coming years.
More and more people are becoming influencers and choosing this as a career. This means you have a better chance of finding someone who has a dedicated audience to talk about your brand and in result increasing your sales.